Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:25:04 AM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  Betatesting  |  Topic: Forge: Chapter One - 2nd beta-stage (Post to volunteer as tester)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forge: Chapter One - 2nd beta-stage (Post to volunteer as tester)  (Read 28396 times)
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 26, 2013, 08:36:03 AM »

The first beta-stage for this demo is almost complete, and though I still haven't announced the exact date for the next one, it's time to open subscriptions again.

Those of you who have tested in the first stage and still have the Beta-Tester status are confirmed, of course, and don't need to post here. The other who had been confirmed as testers but had their status removed still need to post here for confirmation though.

The following people have precedence over the ones who'll volunteer in this thread:

-Alex (he volunteered for beta some days after the first recruitment had been closed)
-Vormaen (he enrolled for the first stage but didn't make it in time)

This rules will be taken into consideration to choose the beta-testers:

1. Donors come first.
2. Members with the best curriculum come first.
3. Members with a high post count come first.
4. First come, first served.

As you can see I've added the "curriculum" point, so please don't just post saying "count me in". Add info about yourself, your past experiences and such. Add links that prove your point too.

Don't forget being a beta-tester is a position of high responsibility, and not just a way to take a peek to the game before the official release. You're supposed to play with a notepad and a pen next to you all the time, writing down bugs, suggestions, typos, etc. and in such a way that they can be identified easily.

All the beta-testers will get proper credits, of course.

And after this warm up... get ready... set... go!

Subscriptions are open again!

CLICK HERE to sign in for the 3rd Beta-testing stage.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:36:19 PM by abisso » Logged

Enter the abyss...
Alex

In Donaldismo Veritas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:36:18 AM »

You already know who I am, so I don't know if I need to write a lot about myself, but alright.

I'm Alex IDV, a 19-year-old video game enthusiast from Sweden. My favorite genre is easily adventure games, and one of my favorites is Loom. I've replayed it several times, both the Talkie version and the FM-Towns one, my favorite being FM-Towns with its music and character portraits, so I'm really looking forward to Forge.

I don't know what else to write here... I guess I could mention that I really like translating texts from English to Swedish and vice versa for some reason. I've beta-tested some Mario fan-games that my internet friends have developed, if that counts for anything.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 11:25:48 AM »

I didn't expect a detailed answer from you Alex (cause I know you well enough), but I'm glad you confirm your intention to join the testing team.

Enter the abyss...
nycrok

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 05:52:58 PM »

Last night I watched a LOOM playthrough on Youtube. Sweet nostalgia! LOOM was magic and I'd played it over and over again as a pre-teen on my first PC CD-ROM. I did some searching to see if there were ever plans for a sequel, stumbled on this project, played the Tech Demo and fell in love.

I would be more than honored to participate in the beta test, if you would have me!  Grin
GovernorEMarley

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 06:53:40 PM »

I'd like to volenteer to beta test. What i intend to do is record my run throughs and if i find any bugs send the clip of the bug to you so u can see excatly what casued it and the results. Non bugged footage will be deleted
Crayonthief

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 04:43:19 PM »

Heya!  Long time lurker here, thought I'd pop in and volunteer as a tester.  I was one of the first donors (Wow, it was really around 3 years ago?).  Big adventure game fan here; I've beta tested some of the more 'mainstream' betas, WoW, SW:ToR, and other assorted MMO's, Battlefield 3, etc. etc.

I've played quite a few Adventure Game Studio games, lurk on their forums, as well as worked on a small few projects of my own using AGS.

I'm a 24 year old college student, who would love to fiddle with The Forge and try to break it into tiny little pieces-  Er, try to help find lots of bugs to fix!
viscosity

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 04:30:27 PM »

Hey, offering my services again. I missed out on the first beta phase, but hoping I may be able to help this time round. I definitely have an affinity for oldschool adventure games, especially of the Lucasarts era. Grew up with them and as with many here, have tons of nostalgia for the classics; Loom, Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, etc..  would be more than willing to playtest and work through any kinks in the initial demo of your game.

Let me know,
Andrew
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 05:58:53 PM »

Thanks for all the offers. Since some of the previous beta-tester won't stay onto the next stage, and since some of you probably won't confirm their presence, I think I will give all of you a chance to beta-test.

I can't still announce the date of the next beta though, and I've learnt at my expense that making announcements is not a wise thing until your 99% certain you can stay true to your word.

@viscosity: actually I had given you an opportunity during the previous beta-stage, but you never answered (or received) my email. No problem though, and now you're perfectly on time.

Enter the abyss...
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 04:35:18 PM »

2nd Beta-stage will begin on the 7th of April. I'll reveal who are the chosen candidates some days before, and give them the Beta-Tester status which grants access to the Beta-testing discussion private topic.
You will find info and guidelines there.

Enter the abyss...
abandoviewer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 10:24:34 PM »

Hi!
 I guess there's no room for me as beta-tester since, I've rencently registered... Anyway, I grew up playing LucasArts Games in my old 386  and I'm a huge Loom Fan, since it was my very first adventure game, I think I was about 8 years old when I finished it, with the help of my dad, and now 20 years later I still Love it. And everytime I finished it, it's like...  I want more!. So thank you very much, for this fan sequele, the tech demo looks great! It's a very special game to me, and I would love to help by testing it if you guys give me the chance.

"It is time for us to weave our destinies anew"
Alex

In Donaldismo Veritas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 05:40:20 AM »

2nd Beta-stage will begin on the 7th of April. I'll reveal who are the chosen candidates some days before, and give them the Beta-Tester status which grants access to the Beta-testing discussion private topic.
You will find info and guidelines there.

Can't wait!
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 05:35:24 PM »

I've decided to admit all of you to the testing, since one of the previous tester resigned. We are now 11 testers (excluding me). My plan was to have 10 testers, but leaving just one of you out would have been silly.

I've sent a confirmation email to all of you, to the address you signed in on the boards. In case you prefer to receive official communication to another address, please answer that email clearly indicating your request or send me a PM. In any case, I expect those who are still interested to confirm their presence by email or PM. Failing to do so will result in an exclusion from the test.

You've been granted the Beta-Tester status as well, which allows you inside the Betatesting discussion sub-board. Please use the following days before the test begins to get acquainted to the guidelines. It wouldn't be bad if you also read some of the previous tester's reports to get an idea of how things work.

Enter the abyss...
abandoviewer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 08:22:14 PM »

Well I've read all previous posts for getting into the workflow. I think I will make a good work since I like to check and try every possibility that the game offer.
As a declaration of principles I would like to say that I would like to see Forge as a faithful sequele of Loom,  in every part of the game, graphics, sounds, gameplay, history, and essence. I'ts just my oppinion.

Anyway I'll  do my best, for getting a smooth clean game.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 03:08:11 PM »

Topic locked, as the beta-stage 2.0 has already begun.

CLICK HERE to sign in for the 3rd Beta-testing stage.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:35:56 PM by abisso » Logged

Enter the abyss...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  Betatesting  |  Topic: Forge: Chapter One - 2nd beta-stage (Post to volunteer as tester)
Jump to: