Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:10:02 AM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Forge Progress - Melting Pot  |  Topic: Standard "Introduce Yourself" Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Standard "Introduce Yourself" Thread  (Read 127892 times)
Daji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 07:23:00 AM »

Hello!
I am Daji, from France, long time great fan of the Lucasfilm games and the big pixel style, still seeking for a long time for a fan projet to continue the adventure of Bobbin. I find you with the forum of Indiana Jones FOY (great guys by the way)

Here my site, for doing some pixels on my time http://coeur.pour.choeur.free.fr/
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »

Hi Daji! I'm glad that fan projects work also as a way to share interests and knowledge about other fan games! And I'm glad you found us! Pixel artists and Loom fans are always welcome here. I'm sure everyone will appreciate your contribution.

The only thing I must underline is that we're not following the adventures of Bobbin... we're following the story of Rusty and his struggle to banish Chaos from The Forge (TM)  Smiley

Thanks, we'll contact you soon! In the meantime, feel free to take a tour of the boards, and ask about everything that comes to your mind. Bye

Enter the abyss...
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »

Welcome Daji. Much of your art is impressive. I hope you find yourself at home here. If you would like to know more about the details of the project, please contact me directly and I'd be happy to share details of the storyline with you.

On a side note, I'll contact you independantly to see if there could be any contributions you could make to the project and the team. You'll hear from me soon.

Welcome!
fnord

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 01:14:00 AM »

Hey there, my name is C
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »

Welcome to the board! Those are two very nice pictures for sure. They've been saved onto my hard drive immediately. I would love to see your deviant art page if you have one, or other art you might have in general. I know for sure we could take advantage of your skills in some method if you would be willing to offer them.

Please send me a direct email at Da_Duke2000@hotmail.com, or add me to MSN at the same address. I'd love to hear from you directly.
Pale Man

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 05:09:09 PM »

Hi, I'm Pale Man.

I thought the tech demo was awesome, but I'm not entirely sure I like the schematic drawing.  

I feel like it's too sensitive and time consuming.  I just imagine it would be kind of cumbersome to have to try 10 different schematics on something and hope that it works.  

Maybe rather than clicking and holding/tracing, if you just had to place 4-8 pins to connect lines in a certain pattern?  That would be a little more in line with casting a pattern in Loom, also.

I made this crappy little animation to show what I mean.
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 09:18:50 PM »

Thank you so much for joining our forum, and for your ideas. I have to say that the GUI is probably in its 95% completed stage, but I do understand the concept of your idea. Its something that we've dabbled with before.

I appreciate your diagram, its very clear.

There are a few small issues with the current GUI, but your idea is definitely something I would like to talk with Abisso about. The sensitivity of the current system is something that you and a few others have mentioned, and it something that we are aware of. Don't worry though, we will address it.

As far as the hassle of drawing 10 different schematics and hoping something works, the same could be said with the Drafts in Loom, or could also be true of any Adventure game with inventory/combination puzzles. Trail and Error. Hopefully our puzzles will be clever enough that the player won't be resorting to that.
Pale Man

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 03:09:49 PM »

Also, I didn't mean to imply that the schematic system was bad or trial and error puzzles are inherently bad.   I actually really like the schematic system and don't usually end up getting to the point of trial and error in most adventures, but I just feel like changes similar to what I described above would make it a lot more user friendly and intuitive feeling, while removing the need for the user to be so intent and focused on precision while drawing out a schematic.

I think that if the user simply defined the points in the schematic rather than drawing out all the lines, it'd be a lot smoother feeling, and you could draw out schematics very quickly once you had memorized them.

Although, if I were using a tablet PC, or it were somehow ported to iphone/ipad or something similar, the drawing would likely feel much more intuitive.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 03:12:25 PM by Pale Man » Logged
pwblaine

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 02:33:53 PM »

Patrick here, Loom fanactic since... well let's go with forever.
I've always been light into game developing,
often writing fan faction of the old lucasarts adventures
and back in the days before MX and actionscript
I would use flash, coupled with screenshots of the old lucasarts games
to extract the sprites and make my own lucas arts scenes.
Currently, I'm using Lassie to breathe life into my own comic collection called "king pollo diablo"
it's pretty much a mix of grim fandango, monkey island, homestar runner and sam & max.
though i'm not familiar with how to use AGS (never owned a PC)
i'd quite familiar with almost all aspects of game and story design
anything i can do, testing, music, voice recording, writing, whatever, i would be more than happy to help.

Duke and Abisso, you guys are my heroes for putting this little team together...
well except for brain moriarty of course

anyways feel free to contact me about whatever, pwblaine@gmail.com
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 05:21:19 AM »

Shocked Oh... I've never been someone's hero before... COOOOOOOOOOL!  Grin

I hope I'm worthy of the faith you have in me pwblaine Wink and thanks! Welcome on the boards!

Enter the abyss...
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 08:24:09 PM »

Thanks very much for all your feedback in the topics Patrick, we really appreciate it. I know theres so much the Age of the Great Guilds could deliver, and its wonderful to see so much passion from someone else.

I am curious if you have any talents you would like to donate to the project. I would love to hear from you on that subject.
ClericMaster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 01:12:40 AM »

Hey, its me ClericMaster. I didn't get a chance to introduce myself when I joined. All I have to say is thanks. It would be a very big disapointment for Brian Moriarty's masterpice to be tossed aside. I hope that FORGE will acompony it well.
If LOOM never got a sequel, meteors would plumete into the Nintendo HQ destroying all sighns of video games! Sales would plumate and the company would be shut down! An army of three headed monkeys would lay siege to Lucasarts destroyng all coffee mugs causing the employes to go crazy at the loss of their cafinated allies! They would resort to juiceing the video games and would die of the disgusting muck!  All because LOOM's sequel would never be created! And then the surviving members of Lucasarts would hear my angry rageing voice in their dreams.
YOU WILL HEAR FOR ALL ETERNITY, THE CRIES OF THOSE YOU HAVE ABANDONNED LUCASARTS! YOU WILL ALWAYS KNOW, THAT YOU HAVE LEFT THEM UNDER CHAOS'S RULE!!! Angry
*pant* *pant* Tongue
But because of FORGE, that won't happen! Grin
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 01:22:44 AM by ClericMaster » Logged
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 05:57:28 AM »

Shocked Can I take so much responsibility on my shoulders? Can we, Duke? Smiley

Enter the abyss...
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 09:27:29 AM »

I dunno. I didn't hear "pretty please". Wink
ClericMaster

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 07:56:57 PM »

Fine, pretty please.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Forge Progress - Melting Pot  |  Topic: Standard "Introduce Yourself" Thread
Jump to: