Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:36:39 AM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Forge Progress - Melting Pot  |  Topic: Standard "Introduce Yourself" Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Standard "Introduce Yourself" Thread  (Read 127893 times)
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2010, 01:03:24 PM »

Its amazing actually, that a large number of the Donations we've received have come from Germany. And yes! A belated Welcome to Danilo and Robert. I've been in contact with you both already of course.
Sarioya

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2010, 05:01:10 AM »

Hello, all.  I'm Sarioya, feel free to pronounce the name however you like.  I'm not ever sure how it's pronounced.  I've been playing video games since my parents got me Reader Rabbit for my fourth birthday twenty years ago.  I'm currently taking an online course in video game design at UAT Online.  I've been living in San Francisco for about four months now and will hopefuly have an internship soon so I can get my degree after I finish my last class.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2010, 07:25:56 AM »

Glad to have you here on our boards Sar.

I've PMd you.

Enter the abyss...
Alex

In Donaldismo Veritas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2010, 06:10:48 AM »

Alex IDV from Sweden here, I used to play point-and-click games a lot when I was a kid, and started again recently with the releases of the special editions of the first two Monkey Island titles, which I had not played before, due to me not knowing anything about English when I played PnC games. When I met this Cobb character in Secret of Monkey Island, I did a little research on Loom, and a few days ago, I bought it, and am now in love with it.

I'd love to help you guys in some way with Forge, but I don't really know in what way. While I am a pixel artist (not a professional one, though), I've never sprited in any style similar to the one used in Loom, so I can't say for sure if I can be of help.
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2010, 12:26:06 PM »

Welcome to the forum you two! Enjoy your stay here.

And happy new year!
Unai

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2011, 03:25:12 PM »

Hey! Well, after two messages I'm introducing myself Cheesy

I'm Unai (real name here, no nickname!) from Bilbao, Spain.

During my childhood I played some of the classic Adventure Games (MI 1 & 2, Simon 2, Loom...) and got hooked. I've been a fan since then.

I got introduced to AGS a few years ago by the Fountain of Youth game in development, but didn't look much into it until recently.

Lately I've become more interested in game creation, and I've been soaking myself with AGS documentation. I studied Computer Engineering, so I used C a lot in college and hope scripting in AGS is not a problem for me. I want to try and make stuff in AGS, so I'll need to create a small game or either find one I can help with (wink, wink). In the past I used my programming skills to create scripts for a Neverwinter's Nights Permanent World based on Dragonlance.

Also as for programming, I also use my skills helping develop a Spanish role-playing website called Comunidad Umbría, using PHP.

Even if I can't draw much I can use Photoshop pretty well, but my area is usually photomanipulation (not very useful for a game... but you never know). In the past I've created spell icons and other small stuff, mostly using stock images as a base.

I want to give sprites a try when I create my first game, but probably will need help with this...

I think that's pretty much everything for now!

I am a deeply superficial person
ED

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »

so Im standing up and Introducing myself.
Ive been playing games for a long time and i don't rely know when but i decided to make a career out of it.
Ive spent the last 4 years on more of the sales marking ect side of gaming. but have it all up for now to go on a trip around the world. Im 25 and burn and razed in New Zealand but currently i'm on a rode trip around Europe and even though most my games are at home this has been a good chance to good back and play all the old school games i loved. after getting through loom i some how stumbled onto this and now hoping that i can help out in any big or little way i can.
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2011, 11:44:18 PM »

Welcome welcome!

I've replied to your personal e-mail and cannot wait to hear back from you.
MPinillos

Welcome back to the Age of the Great Guilds.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 08:01:02 AM »

Well, I've already posted my introduction  in another topic, but I don't mind to copy it Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, allow me to present myself: I’m Manuel Pinillos (Manuel Martínez de Pinillos Pérez-Estudillo, for more details xD), and I live in Seville, Spain (Europe). I’m a big fan of Loom since I was 6, when I played with Amiga. Well, I’ve been very interested in the world of Loom… I know all the details of the game, I’ve played all the versions (Amiga, Pc-Cd Rom, Fm-Towns…) and I’ve done a lot of things to the Loom community:

- I’ve created 3 Wikipedia articles (in Spanish) about Forge, The Fold and the “Trilogy of the Great Guilds”:

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forge
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fold
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Trilog%C3%ADa_de_los_Grandes_Gremios

- I’ve translated into Spanish the Loom Hint Book, which includes the “script” of the Audio Drama, which was released only in English and Japanese:

http://loomforgethefold.blogspot.com/
http://www.mediafire.com/?50c0mx9l6bthip3

- And I’ve uploaded the Game Soundtrack of Loom to Youtube, including the Audio Drama (All in one video, not divided in parts):

http://www.youtube.com/user/ManoloPinillos#g/c/DF0B9639209FD32C

See you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bye!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:26:08 AM by MPinillos » Logged

Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2011, 10:24:17 AM »

I've replied back to your other thread. So, here I'll just say Welcome to the Board!
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2011, 10:59:35 AM »

Nice drawing, could be an older Bobbin. Hasta luego.

Enter the abyss...
MPinillos

Welcome back to the Age of the Great Guilds.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2011, 10:04:14 AM »

Nice drawing, could be an older Bobbin. Hasta luego.

Yep, it could be, but I think that it's not possible, because Bobbin transformed himself into a swan. Maybe if swan-Bobbin could transform himself again into his human form... Tongue

¡Hasta luego!

CloudBow

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2011, 01:38:31 PM »

Hello everybody! I'm CloudBow, 27 yo, from Italy, and I would like to thank all the developers for picking up this great project, and for doing such a wonderful work so far! I've played thru the tech demo and it looks awesome!
Needless to say that Loom was one of my favorite games as a child, and I must say, so far Forge keeps to the same standard!
I would really like to help the project somehow get completed, but I have no idea how... never done any pixel art, and I understand this is the main bottleneck right now.
Maybe I can bring pizza around when the first Forge Developer Meeting will take place!  Grin
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2011, 08:37:07 AM »

One more reason to organise it in Italy then! Yay!!!! Welcome aboard compatriot!

Enter the abyss...
selmiak
Yet another
Administrator

Everything is possible

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2011, 09:21:10 AM »

Cool, I'll come to Italy for this for sure Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Forge Progress - Melting Pot  |  Topic: Standard "Introduce Yourself" Thread
Jump to: