Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:34:11 AM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  General Discussion  |  Adventure Gaming - Loom Island  |  Topic: Brazilian Audio Drama YouTube Video
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brazilian Audio Drama YouTube Video  (Read 9499 times)
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« on: February 22, 2011, 02:03:46 AM »

So, I came across this earlier tonight, and I thought it would be something to share with everyone here. There's no real new spriting or animations, other than perhaps half a dozen single frame shots. But there are some pretty sepia tone photo-shopped collages during the intro. Bobbins/Hetchels house is made of a merge of the Spinning room/Dying hut. Still, a few nice shots, and if you haven't heard the Audio Drama in a while, this is a great way to do it.

From ScummBR:

Part 1:
LOOM Audio Drama 1/2 Small | Large

Part 2:
LOOM Audio Drama 2/2 Small | Large

Apparently its been there for months, I had no idea! No one tells me anything!
Alex

In Donaldismo Veritas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 05:26:55 AM »

Neat. I'll have a look at it when I get home from work today.
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 01:56:32 PM »

I think a little more care could have been put into it. Especially scenes that have animated portions already in place. The Loom village has the smoke raising from the campfires, instead they chose to use stationary screenshots. But, still nice to see.
janosbiro

Brazilian Portuguese Translator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 09:11:01 PM »

It was a surprise to see this here! You see, that video was made simply to display the translation of the Loom Audio Drama, which was made by fans, so the images of the video were not the main work here, they were just a "plus". They were not very into making videos at all. So they would be very proud to know that someone actually appreciated something in it beside the subtitles! The translation of the Audio Drama itself was also just an add-on to the major work of translating the full game, and that took a lot of time. You see, Loom was never actually released in Brazil. Most people played from pirated copies. Very few lucky bastards had an original copy. And the fans had to take all upon themselves to translate it so those who cannot read in English (which is the great majority of the population) could play it. Fan-translations are still very common in Brazil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  General Discussion  |  Adventure Gaming - Loom Island  |  Topic: Brazilian Audio Drama YouTube Video
Jump to: