Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:44:29 AM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  Graphic  |  Topic: Here To Help
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Here To Help  (Read 19899 times)
Boxlord

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2012, 03:37:07 AM »

Hello there everyone. I was contacted earlier yesterday on my DA account (Lezithian) about the project here. I want you guys to know I want to help anyway possible. LOOM is one of my favorite games of all time. It was actually a gift someone bought for me on steam and after I fully finished the game, I was saddened to hear that the sequels were never released. I have truly adored the game and have done my own doodles and so forth.

I'd like to know how far you guys are into this, such as plot, idea and artwork so I can get a gist of whats still needing help. I can already guess if its called FORGE we are going to be doing the second game involving Rusty of the Blacksmith Guild.

If it helps in anyway, I'm in college for Art and I know my way around a computer. I'd love to assist in creating sprites, concept art and backgrounds but I can also help in scripting, writing and so forth.

I haven't posted a lot of my good work on DA so if you are wanting more material to work with, and can place some more pieces online to show you what I can do.

Whoops! Guess I'm rambling here, eheheh, its just so much fun for me to see this happening and to actually be apart of it!

Anyway, feel free to contact me on anything and everything for this game. I have not much in the way of money but I can make up for that in effort and work.
selmiak
Yet another
Administrator

Everything is possible

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 03:16:32 PM »

So I guess abisso contacted you. The last time I've seen him around he said he wrote to several artists. Haven seen him since then though. So just wait until he appears here in the forum and take a look around the website. There you can read about the story and the progress.
Abisso will contact you with all you need to know.

And sure, show us what you've got Cheesy

and out of personal interest... I have only played the original loom and not the steam version. So is the new steam version reworked and repainted in HD like they did with Monkey Island or is it there in all its pixel glory?

abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 03:45:44 PM »

@Selmiak: I'm only using MSN less than usual, and the reason is I need tranquillity in order to do other things.

@Lezithian: I see you followed my advice, and I'm grateful for this. As you probably have already noticed, I replied by email. Welcome on our boards, anyway.

Enter the abyss...
Valecene

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 07:57:34 PM »

Don't know if anyone else answered your question, Selmiak, but the Steam version wasn't remastered. It looks the same as the original (so far as I'm aware).
selmiak
Yet another
Administrator

Everything is possible

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 07:13:14 AM »

thanks for the answer on that valence Cheesy

Zeeg

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 06:29:52 PM »

I'm impressed, I need to read it first.
Lol what are we doing here?
This should be an amazing project and it got abandoned.

abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 11:19:17 AM »

It was just a spambot Zeeg! It happens sometimes and it's nothing to worry about.But I guess you were pointing the finger to the lack of moderation in the forums, and you were right about that.

Enter the abyss...
Zeeg

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 09:49:42 AM »

The forums are quiet, but I hope the working progress is doing well. Like everyone here I wish to help the way I can.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 07:47:28 AM »

Are you a pixel-artist, Zeeg? If so, please share a link to some of your work (a PM or an email is fine, if you want to keep it private).

Thanks for getting in touch!

Enter the abyss...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  Graphic  |  Topic: Here To Help
Jump to: