Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:53:36 PM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  General Support  |  Topic: scripting help?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: scripting help?  (Read 7840 times)
strouthas

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2013, 09:37:22 PM »

Hello,
I was wondering if you need some help on programming as well. I found Forge on a greek site for adventure lovers and I just downloaded it to have a look. I am a big fan of old lucas and sierra adventures and always wanted to be involved in a making of such a game. I am not sure about the engine you are using,  I can program in C#, JavaScript and Java so if you think I could be of any help just let me know!

Btw congrats for your efforts, I wish you all the luck!
selmiak
Yet another
Administrator

Everything is possible

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 09:40:26 AM »

hi there strouthas and welcome to the forge forums.

Forge is put together in AGS, the Adventure Game Studio. ASG uses its own script language which is very easy to get in but you can also script more advanced stuff where knowledge of C++ is helpful.

I'll leave the answer on where, when and how you can help open for abisso to answer Wink

abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 11:06:15 AM »

Hello,
I was wondering if you need some help on programming as well. I found Forge on a greek site for adventure lovers and I just downloaded it to have a look. I am a big fan of old lucas and sierra adventures and always wanted to be involved in a making of such a game. I am not sure about the engine you are using,  I can program in C#, JavaScript and Java so if you think I could be of any help just let me know!

Btw congrats for your efforts, I wish you all the luck!

Hi there! Sorry for the late reply.

As a programmer, you sure know how having more people accessing to the same code is both difficult to manage properly, and potentially detrimental in terms of quality and smoothness of the workflow.

Programming sure takes a lot of time, and in the past I've considered accepting a helping hand in that field, on several occasions; but in the end, I think the efforts to plan all that, train the potential cooperator, and then managing the concurrency wouldn't make the advantages worth it.

But if you know C#, then all you need to grasp AGS' is some time. And I highly recommend it as a game engine to develop 3D games.

In case you're interested, check www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk

Thanks a lot for your offer, anyway! I appreciate that a lot and in case I change my mind, or my duties force me to, I'll be sure to take you into account as a helping hand.

Enter the abyss...
strouthas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 11:47:21 AM »

No worries, I understand what you mean, most of the times is difficult to share the coding among programmers, unless the coding can be divided to parts (mini games in the game or UI/backend logic etc).
I wish you all the best for the remaining of Forge development and I am available in case you will need any help in the future Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  General Support  |  Topic: scripting help?
Jump to: