Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:26:32 PM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Updates & News  |  Topic: January 2013 Update
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: January 2013 Update  (Read 18931 times)
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 10, 2013, 09:44:42 AM »

Hello weavers!

Another month has passed, and it's been a fervent one, full of hard work and both good and bad surprises! Beta-testing has been a rewarding experience so far, with lots of positive feedbacks and a consistent share of bugs spotted too. Which is good, as bugs spotted in the beta-phase can be accurately removed so they don't taint the final release.

Voice-acting is now 99% complete. I'm leaving that 1% out just because the testing sometimes shows the need for a couple extra lines or some redos. Same goes for scripting, as bug fixing requires scripting more than anything else.

Still, I totally believe a 2nd beta phase is a wise and prudent choice, and thus I'm not going to reveal the official release date yet.

On a side note, since I believe sudden inspiration should always be exploited to its maximum, I'm proud to announce I used some of my free time to put down in words an outline of the last 2 Chapters of the game. 1st Ch. is fully complete, 2nd Ch.'s plot is ready and 3rd Ch. only needs minor adjustments. Now that even Ch. 4 and Ch. 5 have been planned the game is fully "outlined" and I like where it's heading to.

The last news is our beloved webmaster Selmiak is working on some improvements of our website, including a "news" reminder in home page, an enhanced Donation page (which makes it clear when, where and why the money gets spent) and some other minor fixes.

Enjoy the Sunday, and let's meet again in the Land of the Great Guilds next month!
-Gabriele "Abisso"

Enter the abyss...
Alex

In Donaldismo Veritas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 05:21:03 PM »

Nice to hear everything's going well!

On a slightly related note, have you thought about doing The Fold too, eventually? I mean, yeah, that would be far in the future, but I just wonder if you've thought about plot ideas and stuff.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 06:36:45 PM »

Quoting myself from our official FAQ:
What about Fold?
Although it would be a honour to give birth to the third game of the series as well, there is nothing planned. Every struggle of our team is directed towards Forge at the moment.

Grin

But yeah, yeah, of course I've thought about it! And actually, I'll tell you a secret: when I outlined the plot for the last two chapters I included some parts that purposely prepare the ground for the next (and last) game.

Enter the abyss...
Aladdin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 06:27:42 AM »

Hello, I was registered to this forum much time ago but then I just kept following percentage progresses and updates without posting, so I couldn't remember my nickname and preferred to register again.
However, I saw many great fan games projects cut in half on their way to see the light so I wasn't trully optimistic in the beginning, but when I saw those percentage all to 100% I felt so happy Grin I actually can't wait to play the game and I guess it will have much success.
More then everything, I hope that this game will bring back the Loom series from an old nostalgic game to new heights where being appreciated by many people who would ask for more chapters after this game.
So in few words, I hope that this project will not be stopped as often happens and also Lucasarts seeing the success of the game will think about a new chapter for this lucky series. Cheesy

Aladdin
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 09:31:59 AM »

Thanks for your interest Aladdin (also, nice avatar).

We're still far from having the complete game ready, but progress has been constant throughout the life-span of this project. Slow, but constant.

If you want my two cents, I hope neither Lucas nor other major companies will ever attempt a sequel. I don't like the style and feel of new adventure games, and, on top of that, I'd love Quill O' the Wisp to release both Forge and Fold. Seriously.

Enter the abyss...
Aladdin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 11:14:43 AM »

Thanks, whoever will do, I think someone should do it, because this series deserves. Wink you are doing a very huge and good work and I have your same hopes.

Aladdin
Alex

In Donaldismo Veritas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 07:10:28 PM »

Thanks for your interest Aladdin (also, nice avatar).

We're still far from having the complete game ready, but progress has been constant throughout the life-span of this project. Slow, but constant.

If you want my two cents, I hope neither Lucas nor other major companies will ever attempt a sequel. I don't like the style and feel of new adventure games, and, on top of that, I'd love Quill O' the Wisp to release both Forge and Fold. Seriously.
Well, LucasArts is owned by Disney now, and they're supposedly very lenient with fan games, at least as long as they're family friendly, but I don't know.
GovernorEMarley

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 03:58:48 PM »

My mother works for the UK patents office and apparently the saying when dealing with Disney is "Don't fuck with the mouse" The sue over everything.
Aladdin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 04:18:24 PM »

you better not put any mouse in the game then Grin

Aladdin
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 04:25:43 PM »

Wow, this is really encouraging, lol!

Anyway, let's see how things go, and in the worst case scenario I'll change some names, remove all copyrighted material (which is maybe 5% of the entire game) and release the game as a generically "Loom inspired" one".

This would be a defeat somehow, but would also create the conditions to do a better game in less time (since I'd be able to crowdfund it without any risk).

@Aladdin: I won't I promise!

The most hilarious thing is one of my first adventure games is "Mickey Mauser: the Wrath of the Rat" (no kidding). Seems infringing Disney's copyright is in my DNA. Cheesy

Enter the abyss...
linoleum_knife

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 07:58:33 PM »

How can I get signed up for the next tech demo? Sorry if that's been asked; I'm writing this on a very slow phone.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 08:19:56 PM »

You can sign up HERE but please read the first post in that thread before posting.

Welcome aboard!

Enter the abyss...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Updates & News  |  Topic: January 2013 Update
Jump to: