Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:42:00 PM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  General Discussion  |  General Discussion - Vintner's Guild  |  Topic: A Loom movie! WOW!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Loom movie! WOW!  (Read 7002 times)
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: June 03, 2013, 08:00:53 AM »

Nah, not really. Tongue

But it's called "Loom" and it's been around for a while, so probably most of you already now about it. It's a sci-fi short movie directed by Luke Scott. Who's that guy with a familiar surname, you ask?

Ridley: Luke, I am your father!

That should explain it all. And it can explain the technical and financial resources that made the movie possible.
Anyway, the 20 mins required to watch it are worth being spent. Not a masterpiece in my opinion: I'd rather call it a waste of potential than an awesome premise, but still the visuals are great and the story is... ok.

It apparently has been shot with a new technique which, if I remember correctly, needs a proper device and setting to be enjoyed at its fullest. But for now, a Youtube video will do.

Here it is (watching in high res definitely recommended).

LOOM 4K Short Film [HD]: From Luke Scott, Ridley Scott & RED Camera Small | Large

Enter the abyss...
selmiak
Yet another
Administrator

Everything is possible

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 12:29:29 PM »

interesting, but the sound is way too silent!
Shot with this one. They offer 6k cameras since a few months for only 30k Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  General Discussion  |  General Discussion - Vintner's Guild  |  Topic: A Loom movie! WOW!
Jump to: