Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:52:47 PM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  General Discussion  |  General Discussion - Vintner's Guild  |  Topic: (Hello, is this okay?) - Loom fan-art
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: (Hello, is this okay?) - Loom fan-art  (Read 6607 times)
TurnipSparkles

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2013, 04:52:35 PM »

Heyo  you fine people! A few weeks ago or so I uploaded a picture of mine onto my deviant art account...it was some LOOM fanart I had been working on, and I was quite pleased with the result. Then, I mentioned your awesome project here, and pointed out that anyone who is a fan of LOOM should come check this place out.

Er, while at the time I'm sure I figured good publicity is always good, I really feel like I should've asked or checked to see your policy on such matters first. After all, I'm not associated with your team or project...
Anyway, I'm sorry for it and I'm willing to change the description.  
Not that my deviantart page receives any traffic whatsoever; I doubt anyone has even noticed.
My deviantart name is Scintillating-Turnip. I'd put a direct link to the thing in question, but I don't want anyone to get the impression that I'm fishing for views. That's not why I'm here. I'm here because I realize that random people trying to promote something they are not associated is sometimes bothersome or even detrimental to a project, and as I honestly hadn't thought about that at the time, I'm apologizing for it now if it is a problem.

ALSO, hello, I'm a huge fan of LOOM, I have been since I was a little girl, and I nearly cried when I saw that someone was finally seriously making a sequel. That is so freaking awesome, I don't even know where to begin.

EDIT by Abisso: Here is the link to Turnip-Sparkles Loom fan-art.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:28:50 AM by abisso » Logged
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 07:17:00 AM »

Hello Turnip. Welcome on our boards.

I already commented your DeviantArt page, but let me thank you here as well.

I've also added a link to the picture you're talking about in your post, cause I totally appreciate what you did and I never thought for a second that it was a way to gain more visits.

Hope I won't delude your expectations with the game.

P.S. Did you cry as "shouting" or as "tears falling from the eyes"? Smiley

Enter the abyss...
TurnipSparkles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 11:49:47 AM »

Both.  Wink

Besides, in my opinion, the best part about this project isn't the end result. No matter what happens, I'm pretty stoked, because at the very least it means that THERE ARE TOTALLY OTHER PEOPLE WHO LOVE THIS GAME. That's the best part. Not a lot of people I talk to have even heard of LOOM, so the best part is finding a community who loves it enough to not let it die forgotten.

If I had any knowledge of sprite art, I'd even offer my services, but frankly even digital art is new to me - that fan art was my first thing done with a tablet, ever, and the tablet in question is like 10 years old. I am behind on the times! Huh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  General Discussion  |  General Discussion - Vintner's Guild  |  Topic: (Hello, is this okay?) - Loom fan-art
Jump to: