Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 01:04:54 PM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1422 Posts in 171 Topics by 158 Members
Latest Member: MattL
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  Audio  |  Topic: I could help out as an audio engineer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I could help out as an audio engineer  (Read 3298 times)
Roi de Janeiro

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2013, 09:01:01 PM »

Hi,

im a 32 year old audio engineer currently living in Düsseldorf, Germany. I have got a bachelor degree in recording arts from the SAE Berlin in cooperation with the University of Middlesex, London. Im mostly into bandrecording, but I do have also a strong interest in everything else audiowise. Furthermore I happen to be a Lucasfilm-adventure-fan since I first played Monkey Island back on my Sisters old Atari ST.

I have access to many recording environments like the studio I work at, my bands little rehersal-room-studio or my own homerecording setup. I am fast at audio editing, mixing and sound creation. I do also own a field recorder, I could use (as I did before) to record soundscapes like forests, birds and rivers wich could come in handy as ambience sounds for the game.

Since I love old Lucasfilm games and I always wanted to be a part of game development, I 'd be very happy to help you in this beautiful project.

Greetings
Roi de Janeiro

abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 04:28:56 PM »

Hello Roi.

Thanks a lot for your offer. I'd totally like to chat a bit with you and see if we can work together. Anyway it's going to be unlikely that I'll manage to focus on this aspect until the demo is released (1st half of December 2013, in case you didn't know). Time is not my friend these weeks, and so I think the best thing would be to discuss this immediately after that date.

But actually I might be in need of a hand DURING the testing, because I'll receive some new voice-recordings that might need cleaning / fixing. I'll see if it's something I can easily done by myself and I'll contact you in case it's not.

Could you tell me a bit more about your schedule anyway? I mean free time, availability, and such.

Thanks again, and keep me informed.
-Gabriele

Enter the abyss...
Roi de Janeiro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 09:42:02 PM »

Hey Gabriele,

thanks for your answer. I do work fulltime only at the weekends. Under the week I visit the university once or twice but I have a lot of freetime left. I do on the other hand have my own projects to work on, but nothing of that stuff has high time prioritys, so I will find time to jump in if you need me.

Just contact me when you think it's time. I'll setup an email filter so I'll be informed if you post here. You can also contact me via facebook. I'll send you the contact data via pm. (I'll probably react to the latter one faster, since I sometimes tend to forget checking my email.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  Audio  |  Topic: I could help out as an audio engineer
Jump to: