Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:08:27 AM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Discussion - Chapter One  |  Topic: Is there a walk thru? Or hints?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is there a walk thru? Or hints?  (Read 14738 times)
bingus

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2013, 10:40:13 PM »

I'm stuck on the gravestone puzzle... what I thought I had to do didn't work Sad
selmiak
Yet another
Administrator

Everything is possible

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 06:31:25 AM »

Of course there is a solution for the tombstone puzzle, I couldn't resist writing this up Wink

bingus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 06:07:39 PM »

Amazing. Thank you!

I found it a bit confusing... I thought the first few lines referred to Rusty's current situation... I mean it looks like the sun is going down, but still kind of firey looking... so I started with the hammer Sad
selmiak
Yet another
Administrator

Everything is possible

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 06:48:17 PM »

You're welcome.
I hope I haven't instantly killed any further Discussion of Forge Chapter 1 with this though. Feel free to open more topics discussing Forge gameplay, lore, art, whatever...

Darkhar
Beta Tester

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 04:39:08 AM »

I got pretty confused too with this. With the "set your heart", I supposed I had to press another tomb for that line, so I got a bit crazy looking for heart references to put in the first.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 12:50:02 PM »

Just thought I'd drop a message to say: "WINNERS DON'T USE WALKTHROUGHS!" Cheesy

I should add this line at the beginning of the game, shouldn't I? Wink

The tombs' riddle is made to be quite challenging, but I'll have to clean it from all possible misleading hints, or so it seems.

Hope that doesn't ruin the experience too much.

Enter the abyss...
Samuel Varg Thunberg

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 03:22:16 PM »

Before I try to download ... Can I play it on Mac OSX?
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 03:40:02 PM »

Hello Samuel!

As you know, the game can run natively only on Windows. But it runs perfectly using Wine and any Linux OS. Now, the thing I didn't know last time you asked me to betatest the game, was that Wine is also available on Mac OSX.

So, I'd say, yes, you should definitely be able to play the game.

In case you don't know, Wine is more or less a Windows emulator. It's not exactly that, as it doesn't run a Windows machine at all, like a true emulator does; but this helps you get the idea.

I've took a couple of minutes to do a quick search and help you installing it on your Mac.

First link you should check is the MacOS Wine Wiki.
Then you could give this tutorial a go. I cannot guarantee it's up to date or that it works though.
In case none of this works, I suggest looking further in Mac forums and such, and only if that approach fails, try WineBottlier instead. To be honest it's the first time I've read about it, and I don't have a clue of how it works, nor if it does at all.

It goes without saying that I'm very interested in a report of your success, and I'm going to support you in any way possible until you manage to run the game.
Please keep track of every step you do (even the ones that turn out to be wrong) and send them to me. I think it's a good opportunity to create a tutorial for other Mac users.

Good luck!

Enter the abyss...
Samuel Varg Thunberg

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 03:50:58 PM »

I will try.

But I'm no tec-guy so I doubt I will figure out how to do this ...
Ruffa-Duffa

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 05:25:21 AM »

I got confused with this: It's not only the epitaphs that are relating there's also the names. For example
And as the fire is burning bright
Glint Woodlighter
Another one:
When the sun is falling down
Sunshine Brassheater
Maybe they were meant to be related. I don't really know because I just looked at the order in the walkthrough.

I eventually used the walkthrough like I always do and always say I won't...
"sigh"
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 10:27:52 AM »

@Ruffa: yeah, it's exactly as you say. As a matter of fact, at Practice level, if you interact with Rusty during the puzzle, he says: "I should look for connections between their names, the epitaphs and the riddle."

In the final game I could make him say that at Standard Mode as well, but I'm not sure I will. It will probably be less important, as the puzzle will have less red herrings at all Modes. I received a lot of constructive feedback to improve it.

19Jan2013-EDIT: I don't know how this slipped any testing stage, but it's actually a bug. And one of the reasons for the confusion about this puzzle. Sorry I noticed only now, and only after writing the answer.
The "I should look for connections between their names, the epitaphs and the riddle." hint should actually be pronounced by Rusty ONLY at the Standard Mode. At Practice Mode it's misleading, cause the Tombs bear symbols which identify the correct keywords much better than epitaphs and tombs, and are quite straightforward.
As a matter of fact, that hint was supposed to be pronounced by Rusty to help understanding the puzzle at Standard Mode; but in the current instalment, he says that just at Practice Mode, which can be considered a bug.
I apologize for that.

The puzzle still needs further polishing, however.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 03:45:32 PM by abisso » Logged

Enter the abyss...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Discussion - Chapter One  |  Topic: Is there a walk thru? Or hints?
Jump to: