Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:42:00 PM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  Audio  |  Topic: Composer assistance
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Composer assistance  (Read 13134 times)
Guedzilla

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2014, 01:06:03 PM »

Hello!

My name is Daniel, I have a bachelors degree in Image and Sound and have been devoting most of my spare time to music since... uhm, since I started to learn music I think, when I was around 14 (I'm 30 now Roll Eyes ). I saw that you already have a composer, but there could always be the need for another one.
I have much love for the original game, having played it a lot when I was a kid. I think it probably had an iinfluence on me getting into music when I was a little older.

Here's a link to a collection of soundtracks I've done so far: http://dgevangelista.bandcamp.com/
I also play in bands but I figure that's not so relevant here.  Wink

I've also applied for graphic assistance.

Daniel
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 01:53:17 PM »

Hello Daniel.

I've listened to some of your tracks. Podcast is incredibly soothing to the ear. So relaxing, I could listen to that one for hours.
I've also checked MatarĂ s, from JAC Games. I suppose it's the soundtrack of a horror game, and it definitely manages to create the right atmosphere if that's the case. Then I gave "Escape Artist" a go. Although very old, it's got a similar feel to Podcats in terms of ease of listening. A pleasant one as well.

By the way, not only we already have a main composer: we also have a couple of additional ones, which usually have a support role and fill gaps when necessary. So, for the moment I'll say thanks, but decline your offer. I appreciated it a lot, though.

Thanks for the support,
-Gabriele

Enter the abyss...
Guedzilla

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 11:51:10 AM »

Hi!

I'm glad you liked the tracks. MatarĂ¡s (portuguese for "thou shalt kill" more or less) was a FPS set within a sort of horror/maniac ambientation. It was made by an independent game producing group I was part of, but it didn't last very long (also the games were very raw, but it was fun!).

Escape Artist was for a flash game by Pastel Games.

Well, in case there's more need of composers, give me a call... I'll be following the project anyway as a fan  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  Audio  |  Topic: Composer assistance
Jump to: