Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:31:44 AM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Updates & News  |  Topic: One year later... (New Year 2015 Update)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: One year later... (New Year 2015 Update)  (Read 82620 times)
Crusherhq

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 09:48:25 PM »

Hey Abisso, half Time of 2015 .. how is it going ?
Did you manage to work further on the Forge Project ? How was ist going on ?
Well I am really looking forward , how the project is going on ... and even that it is going on !

I Hope everything is OK with you and I hope we will hear from you soon !
Cheer man !
Greetings from Germany !
Crusherhq

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 03:47:40 PM »

Hi Abisso,
how are things going ? Will there be a new update ?
Did you manage some progress on forge ?
Would be nice to hear from you again !!!
GovernorEMarley

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 05:56:54 PM »

I second this. It's fans want to carry on the story
Threadbarer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2016, 05:36:32 PM »

Anything new? It's "One year later" since "One year later" now...  Cry
Crusherhq

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 02:46:09 PM »

Okay Abisso, you was last Active here was 21th of March (dont call me Stalker *g)... so maybe it is possible to hear from you and how you are ! How is life goning on ? Is Forge still active or on pause ? ... Well I hope you are all right and hope to get a little update from you Wink .. Your Fans deserve it ! Take Care
CrusherHQ
MrAnomalous

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 07:57:43 PM »

Hi Michel, and welcome on the boards.

I'm grateful for your interest and I really appreciate the fact you took some time to encourage us and try to help. However, as you correctly guessed, yours is a Frequently Asked Question.
Follow the link and check the last 3 questions.

In any case, if I was to pay the salaries for myself and for the other team-mates, the amount of money required would be much higher than you think. If you start to pay someone it's only reasonable that you pay everyone and even if you keep the salary very low... well, do some maths considering a minimum of 4 people and 12 months of development (40 hours a week).
Consider that with Crowdfunding you usually get an average of 50% of what people pledged (because of taxes, perks / rewards, etc.) and you'll have the crowdfunding myth debunked.

So here's the deal... Everyone and their mothers would happily Donate to a "Forge T-Shirts" Kick Starter. The only thing you need is exposure, and an income stream. Double your goal if you're worried about net earnings. And please... let's just get this thing done so the fans of the series can get their hands on it! A progress bar last updated in December 2013 isn't doing you guys any favors. And if you're worried about drawing attention or a cease and desist, just direct your links on the Kick Starter to this thread or the FAQ's. Not only that, but exposure might actually get you the attention of people with the copyright's that could allow you to proceed legally with their permission. I think this project has been dragging its feet for long enough. Lets get this thing done. And for the record, you already have the attention of Brian Moriarty (Author of Loom) and he doesn't seem to mind -->  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1aVDael-KM
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:51:31 PM by MrAnomalous » Logged
samaxsohn

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 01:58:30 PM »

Hello from 2017 - Did you consider using patreon? You probably did ...
Well:
We would like to help you see your project through, you know. :-)
CaraDonnelly

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 09:21:50 AM »

2017 confirms she would happily support a Patreon. I loved the Forge that I've played already.

If you can't set up a Patreon, could you make the game so far open source?
Crusherhq

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2017, 04:43:52 PM »

it's 2017 and no more news .. it seems that this project is dead ? I feel very sad about this ... I really liked Forge so far ! So please please please search for a way to carry on !!! Maybe a dream would come true and one day this projekt will be finished !
samaxsohn

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2018, 04:42:53 AM »

2018 says hello. Just checking up. Was hoping for a quick note of the developer ... not yet.
Hope dies last.
Crusherhq

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 03:54:34 PM »

I am with you ... regulary looking for progress .. not yet .. dammit ! We Need Forge !!! Make my Dream come true !
selmiak
Yet another
Administrator

Everything is possible

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2018, 05:45:56 PM »

some pixelartists with lots of free time should just write to abisso please Cheesy

janelsenor

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2020, 10:43:35 PM »

So sad this project fizzled out....

Cry

"If we can't get along, we can ALWAYS get it on...."
CaraDonnelly

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2021, 03:35:29 PM »

I'm still so sad this project never completed, but if nothing else I am so glad I can use rofl0r/agsutils to look at all of the beautiful Sprites and read the wonderful script again.

> I can see a lot of swans swimming in the waters of a shiny pond.
> It looks so calm and peaceful...
> ... but it\'s not my destination.

(I wish I could draw like this!)
Alex

In Donaldismo Veritas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2022, 10:39:49 AM »

Wow, I just remembered this project while working on an indie game of my own, and came back here to see what has happened since. There was a time when I was checking this forum every day to see if there were updates, and there was even a time when I (a little too excited) asked to help out with the game - but didn't at the time really have the required skill level. As much as I wish we could have seen it completed, I understand that it was very ambitious and has now fizzled out, as these big fan projects often do, but wanted to say thanks for the good times.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Updates & News  |  Topic: One year later... (New Year 2015 Update)
Jump to: