Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:40:05 AM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  Audio  |  Topic: Swedish Voice Actor Here!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swedish Voice Actor Here!  (Read 12013 times)
Samuel Varg Thunberg

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2011, 07:18:17 AM »

Hi there. I was soo thrilled when I learned that a LOOM sequel was in progress. I have waited 20 (?) years for this!
I live in sweden and work as an actor/magician and I´m, among many things, involved in an online bookreading of the Bible (in swedish). I would love to lend you my voice. Contact me if your interested. samuelvargthunberg@gmail.com
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 04:21:30 PM »

Since you're not a native English speaker I fear I can't use your voice! But, oh, I'd love to hear you read the bible (give me a link please) and maybe you can lend a hand in some other way. Tell me if you think you've got any other ability that could prove useful for the game.

And thanks for the message, I appreciate any help offer and especially from Loom fans!

Enter the abyss...
Samuel Varg Thunberg

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 12:15:00 PM »

Since you're not a native English speaker I fear I can't use your voice! But, oh, I'd love to hear you read the bible (give me a link please) and maybe you can lend a hand in some other way. Tell me if you think you've got any other ability that could prove useful for the game.

And thanks for the message, I appreciate any help offer and especially from Loom fans!

The reading is still under way. But I do a reading of something in english for you - I´m not soo bad at it just becuse Im swedish. Maybe you will change your mind.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 03:44:31 PM »

No, no, don't get me wrong... maybe you're very good, but I really hope I can find native English speakers as voice actors. You know, dubbing is very common in my country, and believe me when I say a lot of videogames lost their flavour because of a bad accent in the dubs. I'm not saying you're not good, I've never heard you speaking, but even one who's learned English very well still has an accent. But, of course, I'd rather have a good actor with a bit of a foreign accent than a bad native one.

I'll gladly listen to your audition, anyway (well, I'll let someone else judge it for me).

That said, I want to make it clear I appreciate your offer a lot.

P.S. I'm Italian, in case you didn't know.

Enter the abyss...
Samuel Varg Thunberg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 04:13:17 AM »

I do understand and I agree that many games have been ruined becuse of bad accents.

Still - it could be cool to let different groups in the game hace different accents. An idé could be to let some have english with scandinavian accent and another with american english. The smiths should have the same accent as the talkie version of LOOM.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 12:56:30 PM »

Yes, indeed. There actually are some guilds that could benefit from an accent. My ex-team-mate created one with Italian accent (although I can swear this was before he met me, so the fact I'm Italian as well it's purely coincidental) for example. It's something that needs to be considered. By the way, there aren't a lot of blacksmiths except for the protagonist ( spoiler! Cheesy )

Enter the abyss...
Wonkyth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 07:14:16 AM »

Yeah, I think having a spread of accents is more than acceptable!
Seriously, even good English voice acting can be forgotten as soon as quality non-english voice actors get on the scene, as the variety and character it adds is invaluable!
But then, I'm just an Australian, and everyone laughs at my accent! Tongue
Samuel Varg Thunberg

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 04:13:07 PM »

Yes, indeed. There actually are some guilds that could benefit from an accent. My ex-team-mate created one with Italian accent (although I can swear this was before he met me, so the fact I'm Italian as well it's purely coincidental) for example. It's something that needs to be considered. By the way, there aren't a lot of blacksmiths except for the protagonist ( spoiler! Cheesy )

The blacksmiths are all in the dead army of Chaos now? Zombies!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  Audio  |  Topic: Swedish Voice Actor Here!
Jump to: