Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:52:40 AM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  General Discussion  |  General Discussion - Vintner's Guild  |  Topic: Going away/coming back thread
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Going away/coming back thread  (Read 21592 times)
Zerointerno
Beta Tester

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 03:51:56 AM »

And I am surprised either. Good to learn.
I wonder now - which days do you consider outlining winter then? The winer soltice and the spring equinox? Or simply the winter starts the same day the first snow falls? xD
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 07:13:27 AM »

It's exactly as you suggested: solstices and equinoxes mark the beginning of the respective seasons.

Not that it matters that much: I always find funny when people still is surprised when a season seem to "start" or "end" later, or when one season seem to be compressed by the others. It's not a clockwork, dammit! And also, human activities have their share of guiltiness for that, of course.

Oh, and in my city we hardly ever had snowfalls until the last years; and the snow rarely builds up on the ground before it's melted by the sun.

Enter the abyss...
Zerointerno
Beta Tester

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 01:04:53 AM »

Actually it matters much if you live in a countryside or small towns like I do. Living there (here) depends on the farming somehow, so a delayed spring or a hasty autumn are of some importance. Though such events aren't of much surprise now. Mankind activity really counts.
Well, we simply used to dedicate every three months for each season. But although March is supposed to be the first spring month - it hardly can be distinguished from a winter nowadays. The last year it yielded twice as much snow as all the supposed-to-be-winter months summarized. A tons of snow to clean off every four hours or one's house would be literally buried with it.

Seems like your season system is more accurate even for us nowadays.

And seems like we lead this topic into the depths of offtop. =)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  General Discussion  |  General Discussion - Vintner's Guild  |  Topic: Going away/coming back thread
Jump to: