Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:27:19 PM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  General Support  |  Topic: Want to join the Team? And whats needed...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Want to join the Team? And whats needed...  (Read 60224 times)
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« on: January 10, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »

I thought this topic would be a great place for us to place both; what the team could currently benefit from, as well as a nice clean slate for any lurkers or current members to offer their services.

Are you a music whiz? We need sound effects for our GUI and a few looping background music tracks.

Are you skilled in photoshop? How would you like to design our box games Promo Ad/Poster!

Do you have a keen mind? Offer to write some dialogue for our characters, develop fresh personalities all your own!

Nothing would please me more than to see a post or two here. I hope to be in touch with some of you.

EDIT: Please use the appropriate sections in the Project Assistance sub-board instead of posting on this thread, so that we can easily keep track of offers.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:44:25 AM by abisso » Logged
ylvaon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 07:47:00 AM »

I can do some music for you, no sweat. I'm a student of composition, one year to go, familiar with orchestra and just about anything else. MIDI / HQ audio, both is possible. Also: original music / Tchaikovsky arrangements, not a problem...

Dialogues / story are also my forte.

Anything that needs be done to strengthen our Loom community!
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 12:37:00 AM »

Hi ylvaon, and thanks for your offer. I'd really like to hear some of your work if it's possible. Your musical background looks really interesting, and I'd also love the idea of a "contamination" between our teams.

So, if you have a website, or a myspace or anything, let me know, please.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 12:38:00 AM by abisso » Logged

Enter the abyss...
ylvaon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »

Here's a little selection I made for you:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=91DEQTU6

It contains a variety of what I can do, though it doesn't cover all of my abilities... PDF file describing files is contained within.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 08:26:00 AM »

you have a pm ylvaon

Enter the abyss...
Esn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 01:32:44 AM »

What is it about Loom that makes classical music people so interested in it? Oh wait, I think I know...

I'm really impressed that you already have Bosa helping you. I know of his work from Newgrounds.

That said, I would be willing to lend a hand with music as well. If you need a third one. Wink

I'm also a composition student. I lean to writing melodic Russian-sounding pieces, though I've also experimented with other styles. Here are a few:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/54076
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/79501

Here's one in a "Bach" style:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/106199

I can also paint, as can be seen in this film I made a while ago:
One Quiet Winter Night

Please send me a PM if I might be suitable and we'll see if we can work something out. I also have a bunch of pieces that haven't been officially released anywhere.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 06:24:34 AM »

Well Esn... as you can understand, you art style, which I found interesting, can hardly be used in the Forge. But I'd like to do an adventure game with such a style though!

But let's talk about music. Oh, you don't know how much I'd be happy if we could have as many skilled pixel-artists as we have skilled musicians.... I loved Little Tree Pond. Powerfully emotional. And the other two are also good, and especially fit for a video-game, in my opinion.

I'm positive that we can found a place for your music, inside the Forge. Let's see what Duke thinks about this possibility.

Smiley

Enter the abyss...
Esn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 09:36:52 PM »

Thanks abisso. I can do many different art styles, actually. Here's another one, and another (warning, those links are weird). I think I'd do a good job at a Loom-like visual style if it was asked for. But I've done very little work with pixel art, so that's why I'm not offering to be a visual artist here.

"Little Tree Pond" probably is your favourite because it was played by live musicians, unlike the other two. That one fact makes a world of difference... unfortunately, I haven't had much luck in finding musicians since then.
selmiak
Yet another
Administrator

Everything is possible

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 06:11:42 AM »

I like the first swf on deviant art Cheesy muhuhaharg

abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! At the risk of repeating myself, I'd love to make a game with such a graphic style!

Btw, you should stop using acids.  Grin

Enter the abyss...
Esn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 09:05:22 PM »

Btw, you should stop using acids.  Grin
I consume no drugs of any kind (including caffeine and alcohol). I think it would be dangerous for me to start, considering.  Wink
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 03:55:17 AM »

I've never met Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, myself, but I bet the things you paint would probably be something you could see with her "help". Wink

Enter the abyss...
pwblaine

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 02:22:30 PM »

sadly, my skills are incredibly limited, and i have only macs at my current house, but i do have the full cs suite, music studio, and hours and hours of free time.  when i was a kid i spent weeks extracting all the sprites from the old lucasarts games and trying to make animations.  sadly there's still no proper build of the AGS editor for mac, most my experience lies in using lassie adventure studio (mainly because its cross platform, and i already own flash) i definately offer my help as an avid fan, and supporter of everything you are trying to do.  if i can help to make the loom sequels a reality in any way let me know, i'm usually quite adept with plot, dialog, puzzle creation, and storyboarding, just not too great with animation or drawing with a mouse.  well my email should be around, and please send me some of the test graphics or whatnot to try my hand. who knows if i spend enough time i just might get good.  i salute you for all you guys have done so far.  take care, and drop me a line whenever.
Crifmer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 07:01:51 PM »

Hi there!

I'm a huge adventure game fan, and huge Loom fan, and I was thrilled to hear about this project.

I'd love to offer assistance if you need it...  I'm no artist, and keep in mind that I've only sort of dabbled with AGS so far, but I'd be happy to help with scripting.

I can also do dialog, and I'm an actor getting into voiceover work, so I'd be very happy to do voices for you.

Good luck with the project!  Let me know if I can be of help.

-C
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 11:38:08 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

When it comes to voiceovers, we'll start up a topic for that when we reach that point Smiley.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  General Support  |  Topic: Want to join the Team? And whats needed...
Jump to: