Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:15:27 AM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Updates & News  |  Topic: December 2013 Update (aka "It's finally ready!")
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: December 2013 Update (aka "It's finally ready!")  (Read 40070 times)
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 16, 2013, 12:15:23 AM »

I said I'd release the demo "in the first half of December" and, for once, I've been able to stay true to my words. Thankfully, December has 31 days, so we're still in the first half!  Grin

Anyway, it took about 18 hours non-stop to achieve this result. Plus the hundreds and hundreds before, of course!

There are also other very interesting news, but I'll update this thread tomorrow, after a loooong sleep.

So, for the moment, move your asses distaffs and voyage to the DOWNLOADS PAGE!

P.S. Since I didn't have a single free minute, I completely skipped the promotion: please help spreading the word!

Enter the abyss...
threadbear

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 12:17:50 AM »

Ahhhh! You posted this just as I was typing me reply to the last update. I think I'm going to be the first person to download!
threadbear

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 12:29:16 AM »

This might be a known issue, but I'm asking just to be sure: my virus scanner doesn't detect any problems, but Windows 8.1 doesn't want me to open the installer because it says "Windows Smartscreen" doesn't recognize the app. Any clue as to why it would be giving me this warning?

I'm assuming the file is safe, but I figured I'd ask
selmiak
Yet another
Administrator

Everything is possible

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 01:15:53 AM »

yay!!!! Cheesy

abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 09:33:51 AM »

This might be a known issue, but I'm asking just to be sure: my virus scanner doesn't detect any problems, but Windows 8.1 doesn't want me to open the installer because it says "Windows Smartscreen" doesn't recognize the app. Any clue as to why it would be giving me this warning?

I'm assuming the file is safe, but I figured I'd ask

I don't have a clue, to be honest, and none of the testers ever reported such an issue: but Windows is renowned for being very suspicious with strangers. It probably detected that I made the game using Linux. Cheesy

Seriously speaking, I have plans to upload an installer-free version as well, which should probably solve the issue.

Anyway, unless Chaos has swapped the original .exe with one full of Dead Ones, I'd say you can install it safely!

Enter the abyss...
manoel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 10:20:34 AM »

Smiley Smiley Smiley
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 10:23:13 AM »

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Wink Wink Wink

Enter the abyss...
threadbear

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 11:00:28 AM »

Thanks, abisso! I look forward to playing the game  Smiley
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 04:39:22 PM »

As a quick update, in the download page there's now the option to download an installer-free version, in case that one doesn't work for you.

Windows users are strongly encouraged to download the installer version, though. And don't believe the OS "virus warning" in case it pops up: it's probably just another lousy attempt at selling expensive vaccines! Wink

Enter the abyss...
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 05:31:24 PM »

Despite the good number of downloads of the first days, I've still haven't receive any help offer, with the only exception of translators.

Requests for translations continue to grow, as a matter of fact, so I think not doing them would be a suicide; especially considering I need to find people to continue working on the game. The team is just barely sufficient at the moment, which is better than being completely insufficient, but I'd like to speed up the process.

I'll reveal more in the January update, but please you guys do whatever you can to spread the word in the meantime! Tell your friends, your parents, your swans! Pretty please!

Enter the abyss...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Updates & News  |  Topic: December 2013 Update (aka "It's finally ready!")
Jump to: