Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 07:26:24 PM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Updates & News  |  Topic: January 2011 Updates - Happy New Year!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: January 2011 Updates - Happy New Year!  (Read 12441 times)
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« on: January 15, 2011, 01:01:55 AM »

Well, Happy New Year to everyone here on the forums, registered or not. Its been a while since we've had a formal Update here on the board, so I thought it was time to do so. (That, and one of our members was scared we've stopped working!).

True, progress has been slow in this last 8 weeks. Our lead scripter is busy with his studies, and I recently began new work in mid-November which has dedicated a lot of my focus. Not to mention, Christmas!

But, lets talk FORGE for a bit.

In the last two weeks we've had remarkable outreach from the public, and from old contributors. We've got 5 wonderful new audio tracks, and contacted our artist for THREE more lovely backgrounds for Chapter 2. We've had offers for plot and puzzle help, (You know who you are Wink), and even an offer for sound effects! Offers for translations are coming in, and while that's a long time away its wonderful to see the support from the public.

On the topic of Donations, the Donations we've received from those on the list have been so tremendously appreciated i truly have no words. The first two Chapter 2 backgrounds were all but entirely paid for by those donations ($160 is what was charged, for the two) and the next three will be in the area of $240. We still have $87 in Donation funds available, it will be insufficient to cover the costs of all three, but I have faith that between now and the completion of the backgrounds, we will see more donations come in.

In the spirit of not sounding preachy, I want to remind everyone here that all of Chapter 1 (And its 13 backgrounds, AND portraits, AND sprites) were all paid for without the help of donations. So be assured, as much as your donations are a cherished gesture to the success of FORGE, the team will ensure its completion one way or another.

Here is to a great 2011!
Wonkyth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 06:01:39 AM »

Trust me, if I had any money, I'd donate. Tongue
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 06:46:33 AM »

Trust me, if I had any money, I'd donate. Tongue

We accept sisters as well, just in case. Tongue

Enter the abyss...
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 11:10:16 PM »

I want to make things clear, that I do not want anyone feeling even the slightest bit guilty, or remorseful if they do not donate. We're enjoying making FORGE for ourselves as much as for all of you, Wink.
Wonkyth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 07:24:35 AM »

Hey, I basically live off free games, so there's no way feeling guilty.  Wink
selmiak
Yet another
Administrator

Everything is possible

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 01:26:56 PM »

YAY 2011 Smiley

Alex

In Donaldismo Veritas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 05:47:28 AM »

Neat. You should probably make a post like this at least monthly, even when you don't really have anything to talk about, to avoid giving off a "dead fangame" vibe.
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 09:30:15 PM »

That was the plan. I'll be making February's next week.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Updates & News  |  Topic: January 2011 Updates - Happy New Year!
Jump to: