Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2018, 10:47:21 PM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1424 Posts in 171 Topics by 158 Members
Latest Member: MattL
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  Audio  |  Topic: Voice Actress Here!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Voice Actress Here!  (Read 3640 times)
weaverswan

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2011, 10:02:45 PM »

Hello there! I've been a fan of Loom since I was, maybe, 3 years old. Don't remember. Anyways, (being a 3 year old) I wasn't able to finish the game, and since I had it on a floppy disk it was eventually thrown out. I forgot the title of the game, and spent years searching for it. A year or so ago I found it again and beat it. However, the cliffhanger ending and no sequel in sight made me want to cry. Then, lo and behold, I found this wonderful site!

Now that I've probably scared you off with my Loom background, I'd like to offer you my services as a voice actress. I've been acting since I was about 12 (I'm now 17, nearly 18) and have been in 10 productions (2 of which I was a stagehand, and 1 of which is currently ongoing.) I've also been in a few random skits my friends and I have put on. I've never had any experience as a voice actor, but I've been told I have a wonderful inflection of voice.

Loom was a wonderful part of my childhood, and sparked many of the creative games I played as a child. Becoming part of the Loom universe would be a dream come true for me!

If you actually made it to the end of this, I sincerely thank you reading and hope that I will be considered.
Your fellow Loom fanatic,
weaverswan
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 01:50:57 PM »

Hi weaverswan, and welcome to the boards. Consider the chance to present yourself here: http://forgegame.com/forum/index.php/topic,2.0.html

To be honest I'm not scared at all from what you wrote: it's quite the opposite actually. I'm pleased to know there's such a young Loom fan out there, and I'll gladly consider your offer.

You've got a PM, but you can answer here, at least for what concerns voice acting. I'd like to hear your voice, so if you have a portfolio, or a youtube video, please attach a link. In case you don't, you could just record some lines of speech showing your style and eventually different voices you can do, and upload them somewhere.

Thanks a lot.

Enter the abyss...
weaverswan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 06:48:35 PM »

Yeah, I haven't thought a whole lot about voice acting yet, so I don't have anything. Shouldn't be too hard. I'll probably just read from a book that has a few characters speaking in it. I think that would be the best way to provide some variety. I'll see if I can get it up soon. It's been a little hectic for me lately.  Lips sealed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Project Assistance  |  Audio  |  Topic: Voice Actress Here!
Jump to: