Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:51:35 PM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  General Discussion  |  General Discussion - Vintner's Guild  |  Topic: Going away/coming back thread
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Going away/coming back thread  (Read 21667 times)
Wonkyth

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2013, 12:50:00 AM »

In the interests of good communication, I'm making this thread to say that I'm not gonna be around for the next week, maybe more. Hoping to jump right back into testing once I get back, but I'll at least make sure to keep up with the testing agenda; It tends to be very hard to resume testing if things pass one by.

But yeah, hope everyone has a productive etc week!

P.S. I figure this thread could stick around, just in case anyone else felt they also needed to herald their departure/re-arrival. Can be useful for keeping a community healthy. Wink
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 11:54:03 AM »

Well, I hope the reason for your trip is a pleasant one, and since you already did some testing, there's no problem.

I'll consider opening up a sticky thread for this same reason, but I wonder if that should actually be inside the Beta-testing discussion instead. I'll think about it.

Enter the abyss...
natsfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 12:07:02 PM »

Ugh, my laptop picked the worst time to stop working.  As much as I'd love to install the Forge beta on a school computer, I'm going to have to turn in my first beta a few days late, I think.

And I was super stoked to see the beta, too... Sad
Alex

In Donaldismo Veritas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 06:56:27 AM »

I suppose you could say I'm back. While I still have browsed the Forge forums, I have felt too busy to do beta testing, so I didn't sign up for that. Not sure if it's too late for that now, but if you want me to help out with it, I'm available.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 03:49:19 PM »

Sorry Alex, but it would be very unprofessional to inlcude you at this moment, although I'd really like to. There has been plenty of time, and I was 100% sure that you hadn't missed the topic. My guess was that you didn't want to taint your playing experience by seeing an intermediate, buggy version, but I understand now that this wasn't the reason you didn't sign in.
If I were to include you, I'd have to do the same with other people, but unless some of the current testers resign, I'm against that.

Your help offer is appreciated though and if I'd decide to open the subscriptions once again you'd be my first choice because you are, and I'm sure you always will be. a piece of Forge.

@natsfan: just do your best to keep the pace.

On a side note, I'm actually typing and browsing from a PC whose screen is messed up very badly. It all happened suddenly a few hours ago (more or less) and I truly hope the problem is just the cable and not the actual monitor. Whatever the matter, I'll take care of it tomorrow, or so I hope, but in the meantime I won't be able to work on the game much.
Thumbs down for technology.

Enter the abyss...
Alex

In Donaldismo Veritas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 01:39:38 AM »

Sorry Alex, but it would be very unprofessional to inlcude you at this moment, although I'd really like to. There has been plenty of time, and I was 100% sure that you hadn't missed the topic. My guess was that you didn't want to taint your playing experience by seeing an intermediate, buggy version, but I understand now that this wasn't the reason you didn't sign in.
If I were to include you, I'd have to do the same with other people, but unless some of the current testers resign, I'm against that.

Your help offer is appreciated though and if I'd decide to open the subscriptions once again you'd be my first choice because you are, and I'm sure you always will be. a piece of Forge.
Yeah, I understand, and it's okay. It would indeed be very unfair to let me in after the deadline has passed, and I respect your choice.
Wonkyth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 08:09:58 PM »

WB Alex. Cheesy

Also yeah, I'm back in internet range, more or less. However I'm still not home, and don't have access to a computer that even has a working mouse, so I'm still not back into testing.
Zerointerno
Beta Tester

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 01:08:04 AM »

Hi. I have an access to the internet again. Had to get away without saying goodbye in June and was far away from any civilization from that time until now. It doesn't look like an another testing stage is about to happen, but you can keep me in mind once more.

PS. Not much activity here since my departure. =/
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 10:31:49 AM »

Heya matey.

Welcome back. Yes, your absence is always heavily felt here since you're one of the few active members.

I had several Internet issues until the 21st of July and even if I only had a 5 days vacation in all the Summer, some family issues required my attention too.
But I've been working a lot on Forge from the darkness, adding something and dealing with the (expected) unexpected issues and I can guarantee interesting news before the end of Summer.

I hope you'll be available then, cause I might need your help again.

Enter the abyss...
Zerointerno
Beta Tester

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 05:47:04 AM »

I can guarantee interesting news before the end of Summer

You mean "...till the end of autumn", "...till the end of September" or "...till the end of the next summer?"  Grin

BTW found out that my english is horrible. I read my old posts and hardly can understand a thing. Wonder how was you able to figure out at least anything from that barbarian blabbering.  xD
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 08:08:38 AM »

The end of the current Summer, granted.

One of my talents has always been reading difficult hand-writings and figuring out the meaning of cryptic phrases, and I guess this applies to foreign languages as well.

Anyway, trust me when I say your English is perfectly comprehensible. Almost none of the people I have worked with (me included) are native speakers, but I rarely had a tough time in understanding them.
The irony is I'm currently having a lot of trouble in exchanging English emails with a Russian guy and... I guess I'll send you a PM for this, since we're already deeply off-topic here.

Enter the abyss...
Zerointerno
Beta Tester

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 02:34:00 PM »

Man, the current summer is not a current one already, it is five days long as we have September. Wink Is September considered summer in your homeland maybe?  Huh
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 07:56:08 PM »

Sure thing! Summer ends the 20th of September! It starts the 21st of June and lasts three months like all the seasons. Isn't it like that in your country?

Enter the abyss...
Zerointerno
Beta Tester

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 11:35:35 PM »

Nope. We consider summer starting with the first day of June and ending with the last day of August. So it is already autumn in Russia and it rains as hell accordingly to the season nature.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 08:05:11 AM »

Wow, this comes really unexpected! I'm not saying one system is better than the other, but since 21st of June is the Summer Solstice, I thought it was the common rule to mark the beginning of Summer with that one. Instead, I discovered there are lots of different rules for marking the beginning of the seasons.

It's funny to see how simple conventions gain so much strength in our minds that they attain the status of Truth. And it's nice to break free from this condition.

Well, I'll never refer to seasons any more when it comes to giving deadlines and announcements!

Enter the abyss...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  General Discussion  |  General Discussion - Vintner's Guild  |  Topic: Going away/coming back thread
Jump to: