Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:05:19 AM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Forge Progress - Melting Pot  |  Topic: Random ideas
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Random ideas  (Read 61765 times)
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 03, 2009, 08:30:00 AM »

When I plan a game, I often come up with some ideas during the day, which I try to write down for further development. Even something like "what if the protagonist meets this character?" or "it would be cool if you could see this location" or anything else can be worth sharing with the game-making team.
Sometimes, from a word or two, a really cool idea can take form, and then it can be expanded and adapted properly with a discussion.

So, in this thread you can post everything (game-related, please!) that comes to your mind, as simple notes, or even more complicated suggestions.

Enter the abyss...
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 08:36:00 AM »

I go first:

-Since Archbishop Mandible is killed by Chaos he now is an undead trapped within one of the 2 sides of the Pattern. It would be cool if Rusty could meet him.

-And what about the Dragon? A second encounter with his killer coul put Rusty in a really entertaining challenge!

Enter the abyss...
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 09:29:00 AM »

I would also love to see a ghostly Mandible, and possibly even Master Goodmold.

I would like to see a Conclave of the Guilds. Representatives from all Guilds coming together to discuss their common enemy.

I would also like to see exactly how the Weavers are going to rebuild the Pattern, and allow Souls to again cross between the sides.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 09:30:00 AM by Da_Duke2000 » Logged
viruswitch

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 05:32:00 AM »

Guys, I am new to the forum, not new to loom though. I am still reading the posts through this forum but I wonder: did you get a draft or some of the original ideas that were designed or written by Moriarty for the sequels of Loom that were not produced? Or are you trying to continue in that fashion but with your own story due to maybe copyright issues? I found it thrilling that you are continuing in the manner that was originally planned. I also wonder when did you start building the sequel!
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 08:19:00 AM »

Before the project began, I amassed as much information about the planned Sequels as I could.

I've been working on this project, and another (Threadbare: Loom Audio Drama) for maybe two years now. But only recently have things really taken off..

The information is as follows:
OFFICIAL CANON:

FORGE:
Rusty becomes the leader of an underground movement to overthrow Chaos.
Together with Fleece Firmflanks of the Shepherds they seek new characters from the other Guilds.
Bobbin appears every now and then as a ghostly swan dispensing mystical advice.
Rusty Nailbender tries to regain control of the Forge,
 The story climaxes within the Forge in a terrible battle that nearly destroys the world.
Chaos is ejected from the Forge.
The gentle land of the Shepherds is conquered and nearly destroyed in a terrible battle.
 (The floating Forge ends up falling directly onto the Shepherds' pastures.)

FOLD:
Fleece, teams up with Rusty to resist the evil forces that are camping in the Shepherds' territory.
Fleece Firmflanks attempts to unite the shattered Guilds in a final, desperate effort to banish Chaos.
Bobbin again offers occasional help and advice.
At the climax of the game, Bobbin, Hetchel return to Earth along with the entire Guild of Weavers.
All of the other Guilds join for a final challenge against Chaos.
Working together for the first time, their combined magic banishes Chaos back into the Void.
Rusty and Fleece get married, and Bobbin becomes the head of the Guild of Weavers.
The Loom of the Weavers is remade, reality is healed, and peace is restored to the Guilds.
oferbr

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 04:01:00 AM »

Do you remember that Loom's soundtrack contained music from "Swan Lake"?
You should find ballet or opera with appropriate contents to Forge and use it as your soundtrack.
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 06:01:00 PM »

Thanks for your reply. We've spoken on email I believe and I hope to have a wonderful musical score based off real world music. One option we've spoken of is the use of Tchaikovskis; Vakula the Smith/Cherevichki.

Welcome to the board!
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 07:48:00 AM »

I'd also suggest, for inspiration:

Handel :
The Harmonious Blacksmith Small | Large
classic and blacksmith themed
Nox Arcana. For example:
Labyrinth of Dreams Small | Large

Victor Smolski: The Heretic (Der Ketzer) For example: The Inquisitor's Dream
Nevermore
Nox Arcana Small | Large
 I'd really like something like this for scenes with Chaos.
Pain of Salvation : Pluvius Aestivus (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
Gustav Holst : Song of the Blacksmith (Embedding disabled, limit reached) classic and blacksmith themed.
Unknown (to me) author : Fire Dance (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Btw, Vakula the Smith seems a great choice, even if I only know Rimsky-Korsakov's version of Gogol's Christmas Eve and never heard Tchaikovskij's.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 07:49:00 AM by abisso » Logged

Enter the abyss...
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 06:46:00 PM »

Thank you for your music suggestions. I need to get a membership to my local library so I can get reference a lot of music. I can tell you like Nox Arcana. Perhaps we should send an email, have them write some custom stuff for us  Cheesy.
ClericMaster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 01:13:32 PM »

THIS IS AWSOME! I am a huge LOOM fan and eagerly await FORGE. I hoped you looked LOOM on wikipidea to see what lucasarts originaly planed story wise for FORGE.
Story details that lucasarts orriginaly planed:
Bobbin appears sometimes in a ghostly swan form to offer help and advice.
In the ending of the original idea for FORGE, Rusty fought Chaos in an epic battle that would lead to the Forge falling out of the sky and crashing into the sheaperds pasture though Rusty, Fleece and Chaos survived. There was also supposed to be a third game called FOLD which would star Fleece. Lucasarts planed to end the trillogy with the final battle seeming hopeless. But then Bobbin and the weavers would swoop in like calvary and turn the tides of battle. In the end, Bobbin and Chaos would engage in magical combat, ending with Bobbin somehow bannishing Chaos back to the realm of the dead. Rusty and Fleece would get married and Bobbin would be made the new leader of the weavers. Lucasarts did a pretty good job with the orriginal story eh?
If you plan on making FOLD, I suggest that after the credits, t would show Chaos trapped in the realm of the dead swearing evenge on Bobbin and friends amd promissing that a fourth shaddow is inevitable.
What do think about my idea? Please respond soon.
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 12:28:03 AM »

You're very correct, there are remnants of the Forge and Fold story. We definitely don't want to cop out with a Deus Ex Machina approach for a finale, but every good story has suspense and a hopeless moment.

In terms of the end of the trilogy, I'm confident we'll want to have a definitive ending. Cliffhangers have a place, so we'll want to be careful with it. But we'll be seeing the Forge crash in the Shepherds pasture for sure, its going to be a fantastic and sad moment.
ClericMaster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »

But we'll be seeing the Forge crash in the Shepherds pasture for sure, its going to be a fantastic and sad moment.
[/quote]
Wait, your not thinking of Killing Rusty of are you!?
ClericMaster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 01:10:30 PM »

Will there be a dueling system similliar to Monkey Island's insult swordfighting in FORGE? Like, certain drafts or whatever they're called in this game counter other drafts? I also think that is Rusty falls from the Forge when it falls out of the sky, in FOLD, if you decide on making it, Fleece would find him in the begining of the game and heal him. Rusty and Fleece were supposed to be lovers according to Lucasarts, and it would tie into the story real well.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 04:43:40 AM »

Hey, thanks for the suggestions, Cleric! Rusty being healed by Fleece after he fell from the sky seems a nice way to begin the Fold.

As per the fighting system, well, if you're talking about something like the match between Chaos and Bobbin at the end of the Loom, well, this is certainly something to consider.
I'd also like some sort of a dynamic fight, where you could gain or lose advantage step by step (schematic after schematic  Wink).

Enter the abyss...
ClericMaster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 11:23:37 PM »

Speaking of Fleece, will she be in the game? As stated before she's supposed to be Rusty's love intrest. But if she is, that would totally ruin the opening for FOLD if its made.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Forge Progress - Melting Pot  |  Topic: Random ideas
Jump to: