Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:41:09 PM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Forge Progress - Melting Pot  |  Topic: Random ideas
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Random ideas  (Read 62089 times)
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 12:38:37 PM »

I don't think Fleece is going to be in Forge.

Enter the abyss...
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 07:59:38 PM »

Just a thought, that even if we did want to KILL Rusty, he's already been dead once anyways lol.

As for Fleece. If she was to appear in Forge it would be as a simple cameo, but not crucial to the plot.
ClericMaster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 11:55:50 AM »

Will Bobbin make an appeareance in ghostly swan form?
ClericMaster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 10:45:39 PM »

i have an awsome idea for the ending for FOLD, if it's made. Right when the final battle seems hopless, the pattern is mended and the weavers fly in. Each of them flys to a diifern't location, minus Atraphos or whatever the white guy is, and when they get to their destinaitions they resume their human forms and cast Unmake on Chaos's forces resideing in that area. Chaos, realising that the LOOM is re made, goes to LOOM island to gain control, but Rusty and fleece beat her there. Chaos arives and Rusty and Fleece are surrounded by Chaos's minions. Thinking that this is the end, Rusty and Fleece admit their love for eatchother and kiss. Revolted by this, Chaos orders her guards to kiil them. Bobbin crashs through the window, (like his mother in the start of LOOM) and casts Unmake on Chao's guards, then lands and resumes his human form. Bobbin unmakes the LOOM (again) and attemps to somehow push Chaos into the rift. Just then, Atraphos flies in and flies at Choas and shouts something like; "THE THIRD SHADOW ENDS NOW!" and pushs Chaos,  along with himself, into the rift, right when he tries to fly out, Chaos casts Unmake on him and one of his wings and one of his legs flys off. Bobbin seals the LOOM with Chaos between the rift. Atraphos returns to human form and tells Bobbin how he was wrong about him before he dies. Rusty and Fleece get married and after the ceremony, Bobbin is made the new head of the weavers. The weavers cast trancendence upon them selves, but before Bobbin leaves, he tells Rusty and Fleece that he will return some day, before turning into a swan and flying away with the other weavers back to LOOM island.
You don't have to do this, its just a suggestion.
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 01:17:35 AM »

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

The trick behind Forge and Fold (beyond the fact that Fold won't be in development for a long time), is that they do not star the Weavers as the pivotal characters/Guild. Forge is about Rusty and his journey to rescue his Guild and free the Forge. Fold will focus on Fleece, and potentially uniting the Guilds, etc. During the course of those games the Weavers (in my view) have their hands full with restoring their pattern, and while they definitely have to play a part in the end-all finale, I have to imagine that the end of Chaos will require the combine effort of the Weavers, Blacksmiths, and Shepherds. Or maybe even more Guilds.

We're doing out best to avoid cliches as well. Self-sacrifice, Deus Ex Machina (divine intervention), Love Conquoring All, etc.
ClericMaster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 06:30:28 PM »

Yes, i know it dosn't star the weavers. Also, the only reason I thought that Atraphos should sacrafice himself is that in Wikipidea it says that lucasarts planed for Bobbin to eventually become the leader of the weavers. How can Bobbin be the leader if Atraphos isn't dead. I mean, Atraphos is a big jerk, he wouln't willingly give up his poisistion as leader. Also, i didn't mean "love conquring all" i just thouht that ther should be a sort of romantic moment.  Also, i just thought that Bobbin swopping in and killing Choas's forces and saving Rusty and Fleece from caertain death would just be really epic Grin!
 Lucasarts did plan for the weavers to swoop in like calvar and save the day though.
BTW, are you planning on bringing Hetchel back?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 10:45:32 PM by ClericMaster » Logged
ClericMaster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 10:46:34 PM »

I just saw the audio drama to LOOM! *sniff* Soooooo beautiful!
Also I think it would be a cool idea to have Chaos wielding a schythe that can cut holes in the pattern, allowing her to transport from place to place. Choas without a scythe is like Bobbin without his cloak.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 10:57:03 PM by ClericMaster » Logged
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 07:16:32 AM »

If you're referring to the Glassmakers' scythe I'm afraid it got broken at the end of Loom. So it's impossible for it to be in Chaos' hands in Forge.

But it sure is a weapon of great importance in the story and it's very likely to have a role in the two sequels.

Enter the abyss...
ClericMaster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 07:02:12 PM »

I wasn't reffering to the glassmakers shythe. I thought it would be cool if she forced the blacksmiths to make a schythe that can allo her to cut holes in the pattern. So she can tetleport.
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 08:41:25 PM »

Hetchel. Maybe.

Scythe. Probably not.

Love. Definately.

Atropos dead. Again probably not. People follow man capable of leading. After Bobbins demonstration, I don't think the other Weavers need much convincing.

pwblaine

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 02:44:54 PM »

scrying spheres need to make a comeback.

teleporting? i like it, i mean how else is dude gonna get on a flying ship?
last time i check blacksmiths aren't too good at flying.

random idea: lechuck type battle with chaos at the end (every 30 seconds you automatically must dodge or something, which moves you to a different area. i know it's played out, but come on, who doesn't love a good lucasarts reference?)

even better idea: when rusty confronts chaos (since he's not actually defeated in Forge, we still need another game), chaos calls out some steampunk-type monster from the heat of the forge (hey it is a smithery) which rusty must defeat, hell he could even have the monster run into the forge and spill the contents everywhere, thus causing the forge to cool, thus causing the anvil to fall from the sky.

oh and that scrying sphere with the volcano that never happened. lets make that happen.
pwblaine

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 03:13:24 PM »

conclaive of guilds... waaaay dope idea

the consensus should be something like "run away, give up"
and rusty does a little braveheart speech or something.

or perhaps, the guilds will not give him help,
so he challenges chaos on his own, takes down the anvil, however does not defeat chaos, either way he inspires the guilds to take action after.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 05:15:19 AM »

conclaive of guilds... waaaay dope idea

the consensus should be something like "run away, give up"
and rusty does a little braveheart speech or something.

or perhaps, the guilds will not give him help,
so he challenges chaos on his own, takes down the anvil, however does not defeat chaos, either way he inspires the guilds to take action after.

It's very Star-Wars-like! And I like it! Smiley

By the way, it seems to me like something that should take place in the Fold, not in the Forge.

As per your other suggestions in the previous post, well, they all seem reasonable, but if there's a fight between Rusty and Chaos, I'd take advantage of schematics to keep it interesting and challenging.

Thanks pwblaine, support and suggestions are always helpful and appreciated.

Enter the abyss...
ClericMaster

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 09:47:29 PM »

About the Volcano thingy. Mabye Rusty could cast that schematic while the FORGE is flying over a volcano to blow it up? Just an idea.
Da_Duke2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2010, 08:20:32 PM »

Sorry for the lack of reply here. Lets catch up!

We will definitely see the Scrying Spheres. I think they are a staple. We'll probably only see it once, and more of a supporting plot element, rather than a focal point.

As for teleportation. I think we would only implement this feature if some puzzles required the player to visit and revisit new locations after learning new abilities. Its not something we've discussed, but something that we could consider including....

For a showdown, I think we'll see something with a combination of spell casting, timing puzzle, and spell combination.

As far as calling out a Steam Punk monster....you're not completely far off Wink Its going to be wicked. Rusty will have to defeat something first before Chaos, that's for sure.

When it comes to the Conclave, that's something that we'll definitely see more of in Fold than Forge. The theme of Forge, is to Rescue to Blacksmiths, and to give those on the inside a fighting chance. Fold will focus on reuniting the shattered Guilds.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 10:22:25 PM by Da_Duke2000 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Forge Progress - Melting Pot  |  Topic: Random ideas
Jump to: