Forge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 11:44:18 PM
PayPal

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forge's Chapter One has been released on the 16th of December 2013!
Read more in the Winter Update 2013.
1435 Posts in 171 Topics by 163 Members
Latest Member: DarkMoe
Home main Search Login Register
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Forge Progress - Melting Pot  |  Topic: Standard "Introduce Yourself" Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Standard "Introduce Yourself" Thread  (Read 128354 times)
Gerbel

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2012, 12:49:37 AM »

I have long been a fan of Lucas Arts Games, and am offering my services as a professional voice over artist for free in this game for the English version.

I currently do audio book narrations, and telephone IVR system work, as well as character voices for some web series.

I would be honoured to contribute to this project, and look forward to hearing of any opportunities that arise.
I have also offered to extend my services to sister projects, Return Of The Tentacle, and was originally going to assist with the (now aborted) Loom sequel by Apeiron Games, (now working on ROTT).

I (obviously) have professional recording equipment, and am currently in the process of building my new recording studio which should be up and running within the next month or so.

In the mean time, I can do rough recordings for editing and directing purposes if desired.

Please let me know what you think, i'd love to hear from you.

My Skype username is  " flyinggerbel ".

-Adam
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2012, 06:31:46 AM »

Welcome onboard, Adam. I've already read your email, and I will answer there in some minutes.

There are still a lot of characters in search of a voice. Actually only Rusty's role has been covered, together with some minor ones.

Thanks for your offer.

Enter the abyss...
Zerointerno
Beta Tester

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2012, 03:57:39 AM »

Hello there. I am from Russia, 27 years old. I am fond of old-fashioned quests like Loom and I miss the era of such games now. Glad your project makes the progress. I would like to aid the Forge somehow, but it seems like you are going fine already with the things I am able to do (mostly midi-music and some minor works with the static graphics as well). Still I can translate all the text (dialogues, in-game text, manual, menu, credits and everything what happens to be written there) to Russian. Most of old-skool russian gamers who would appreciate a Loom sequel will prefer an English version anyway, but perhaps translation will leave a possibility for the Forge to involve a wider auditory into the world of Loom.

Well, if I am not of much use then I will just be happy on being a part of Forge fanbase.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2012, 10:10:48 AM »

Welcome on board! Please post in the Project Assistance appropriate sub-board with a detailed explanation on what you can do, your portfolios / past experiences, and the free-time you'd be willing to share.

You're the first Russian to offer as a translator and if I find an appropriate font and an easy way to integrate it, I will gladly let you do the translation.

What interests me most is what you called "minor work on static sprites". If it's pixel-art, then it CAN be useful, actually.

Enter the abyss...
Zerointerno
Beta Tester

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2012, 02:04:20 AM »

Please post in the Project Assistance appropriate sub-board with a detailed explanation on what you can do, your portfolios / past experiences, and the free-time you'd be willing to share.

I sent you a PM instead. Will it do?
Samuel Varg Thunberg

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2012, 04:52:50 PM »

Been in the site for a while but I dont think I have introduced myself yet...

I?m a soon-to-reach-30 magician from Sweden. Deals mostly with psychologic illusions.

A huge fan for older Lucas Arts puzzle-solving-games.

Thats me in a nut shell.
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2012, 08:15:38 AM »

Welcome Sorcerer!

Is 30 the level you're about to reach, or just your age? (nerd-rpg-pun intended)

Loom is not exactly a puzzle solving game, or at least not the most challenging, but still a wonderful game of its own kind. A magical game. Cheesy

Enter the abyss...
ciscotn

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2012, 09:52:52 AM »

Hi,
i'm Francesco from Italy, I'm here after an invite by abisso.
I'm a LucasArts/LucasFilm fan, and I like help you in your project.
vormaen

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2013, 08:49:59 PM »

I am Vormaen, from Kansas City, MO, USA.  I am an artist, voice actor, writer......I dabble in everything.  I am linked to some other projects, to include the Skyrim Middle Earth Mod (MERP) and Tron 2.0 mod User Error. 

Of course I have a deep love for Loom and what it brought to my imagination as a child.  I hope I can bring something to this project, and Look forward to the finished product, as a fan and a gamer!!

http://www.moddb.com/members/vormaen/downloads
GovernorEMarley

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2013, 07:25:46 PM »

Hey I'm Kath and I'm from Wales.

I've been playing Lucas arts games most of my life. My Mum had an Atari ST and Loom is 1 of the first games i ever played and i've continued to play it up till now. I hope that when my kids are a bit older then can experience the magic i did when i played this game.

I've been working on a gameplay commentary youtube channel and LOOM was the first game i did (the steam version). Being my first 1 isn't not that high standard but i plan to re-do it in the new future (hopefully the non-talkie original version). Would love to  put forge on my channel when it goes live.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9C3DD6D5DE0DAFE6&feature=view_all

^ link to the Loom playlist. Like i've already said it's not that good but a better version is in the works
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:21:24 PM by GovernorEMarley » Logged
abisso
Fruit of the Loom
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2013, 09:41:29 AM »

Hello Kath, and welcome on board.

I'd like to watch your Loom commentary, so why don't you edit your post and add a link to your channel? It would be free publicity as well! Cheesy

And I'm glad you plan to raise your children with games of the age "when dragons ruled the twilight skies, and the stars were bright and numerous". I'd be proud if they feel the same magic while playing Forge as they surely will when playing Loom. And thanks for your offer of doing a video about Forge.
I wouldn't mind if you'd do it for the incoming Chapter One demo, and not just for the complete game.

Enter the abyss...
Locke141

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2016, 03:42:52 AM »

Hi,

Was playing some Monkey Island 2 and thought of this project. I saw that that there has been no news updates in over a year and it seem no one has posted in over 5 months. Is this a progect dead? If so thats to bad, I have been looking looking forward to it since I found the project two years ago.  

Best
Crusherhq

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2016, 09:07:19 AM »

Sadly Abisso seemd to be very busy in private Life ... I hope that the project will go on one day .. long time no hear from him ... To bad ;(

Hey Abisso, hope youre all right.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Forge  |  Everything Forge  |  Forge Progress - Melting Pot  |  Topic: Standard "Introduce Yourself" Thread
Jump to: